Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza makers, er.. cooks

Options
1044 Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was watching Gordon Elliott on tv yesterday doing an around the world best pizza thing. [p]One of the guys in New Haven,CT. said others used bread dough. That's why they could twirl them. His opinion was if you can twirl the dough, you ain't making pizza. Anywho, he said his dough wasn't bread dough. [p]Is that just his opinion on his and their dough? Or is there some other way to make it so it's not "bread" dough?

Comments

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    1044,[p]Basically the more gluten contained in a dough the "stronger" it is, making twirling easier. Bread flour contains more protein than all-purpose and semolina flours, but you can make a damn good pizza dough from AP, semolina ... or on the opposite side, high-gluten, which contains more protein than bread flour. Of course there's whole wheat flour and ....[p]Puj

• JK
    JK Posts: 93
    Options
    1044,[p]I used bread dough for the first time this weekend, instead of the usual unbleached flour. I thought it made a better pizza and was much easier to handle when preparing the pie.
    1044 Posts: 93
    Options
    Thanks guys. That makes sense.