Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

She is done...

Options
Maynard
Maynard Posts: 55
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As promised, I am including a pic of the new egg and the throne I made. Right now she is in the backyard, and I have fired her up for the first time.

Getting temp to regulate at 225 for my ribs....

Thanks for all the help which has made this event possible. Here's to many years of egging.

sv5j5b

Comments

• TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    Got it that time, Maynard. Looking good.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Looks good. What is the raised silver thing between the cutting area and the egg?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Rick in Crystal Lake
    Options
    Looks good! I built the table that WessB has on his site but I do like the larger table like the one you have done. Hmmmm. May be time to upgrade!!
    Nice job.
  • Maynard
    Options
    Mickey - That is a metal plate cover that I attached so my magnetic probe thermometer would stick to it. (it has magnets on the back)
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Great looking table!

Love the pavers too!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Rick:

u in NY?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    Congrats on finishing the table. It's a good feeling knowing it was made by YOU!
    Hope you put on a Urethane on the table to protect it. I know the feeling of having to wait to fire up the EGG.

Enjoy!

Gary
    Canoga Park, Ca.
    (San Fernando Valley)
  • BConk
    BConk Posts: 72
    Options
    Looks great! And so does your patio - I think we have the same pavers - and with the same "soldier course" of contrasting pavers on the edge - but our's are darker soldiers. I think my field pavers are laid in a different pattern too - but I'd bet they're the same blocks.
  • Maynard
    Options
    Thanks - I had someone do the pavers because I'm not an expert at tamping the ground - and it would have looked horrible in a year.

BConk - Yes, Minwax Spar for the coating. Could be the same paver... after I choose it from about 50 samples - the guy told me it was his most popular seller.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Nice table. Cypress?
  • Aunt Crazy
    Aunt Crazy Posts: 378
    Options
    Looks great! My daddy made my table and I will treasure it always. Don't forget pics of the cook-sometimes I get distracted and forget to take the pics, but I sure do love to look at them....