Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Coconut Shrimp

ChuckChuck Posts: 812
edited 5:51AM in EggHead Forum
<p />I tried a new recipe out tonight (ada[ted from a local paper) and it was good enough that I had to share it. A quick idea of the recipe is to dredge peeled a deveined shrimp in cornstarch mixed with your favorite rub. Then dip in egg white that been beaten until frothy. Dredge the shrimp in flaked, sweetened coconut, pressing the coconut onto the shrimp. Preheat a pizza stone in your BGE to 400*, spray the shrimp on both sideds with cooking spray or misted oil and cook on the hot stone for about 6 minutes a side. [p]I served them with a salad and a dipping sauce that was heated apricot/habenero jelly (thanks MikeO, and please send me the recipe if you read this).[p]I have been trying to get my act together to go to eggtoberfest and if I do I'll probably make these. Have a great night everyone.[p]Chuck

Comments

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    Chuck,[p]That looks INCREADABLE. A MUST TRY!![p]sMOKEY
  • QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    Chuck,[p]Mr. Hyde and I were just discussing Coconut Shrimp and could not find a recipe...thanks for coming to the rescue! We'll have to give this a try. Also the dipping sauce with MikeO's habanero jelly (did you get yours at Eggfest too?)...[p]Mornin' irish coffees to you...
    Tonia
    :~)

• ChuckChuck Posts: 812
    QBabe,[p]Yep, thats where I got it from. I still had a little left that I was intentionally saving for doing the shrimp. I hope he comes to the rescue with the recipe, It went VERY well with coconut shrimp. These were soooo much better than a lot of them that you buy out,i t was nice not to find a tiny shrimp under a ton of breading covered with coconut. I will be definately doing them again. Have a great day.[p]Chuck
  • QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    Chuck,[p]I'd be very interested in Mike's recipe also. Seems like it'd be just right to give a little ZING to a shrimp...![p]Later,
    Tonia
    :~)

• SethSeth Posts: 79
    Chuck,
    That my friend should be on the cover of a magazine. That is a great picture.
    Seth

• ChuckChuck Posts: 812
    Seth,[p]Thanks, they tasted as good as they looked. Have a great night.[p]Chuck