Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Picnic Ham

Options
Zilm-disabled
Zilm-disabled Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am planning on cooking my first picnic this weekend had intended and thought that I had purchased a butt but after I got home found out that I had picked up's a picnic instead. How long do I cook this darn thing and would Elder Wards pulled pork (boston butt recipie work on this?

Comments

• GaDawg
    GaDawg Posts: 178
    Options
    Zilm,
    Do it just like a butt. Elder's process will work fine.
    Chuck

• Zilm-disabled
    Options
    GaDawg, thanks GaDawf with a handle like that I know you are a great guy. Having been born only a mere 18 miles from God's Country or Bulldawg territory whichever you would prefer to call it and a graduate of UGA advice from a fellow Dawg is always cherished. Thought that Elder Ward's method would work but wanted to seek some advice to be on the safe side.

• Mike in MN
    Options
    Zilm,
    I tried one once, and did it like a butt (225 to internal of 200)....the meat (with fat) around the bone was good, but the rest of it was dry. Gaggy dry. [p]
    Mike in MN