Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

JLockhart

Options
TXTriker
TXTriker Posts: 1,177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone heard from JL since they (I assume) left on their trip? When he wrote he was putting up hay preceding the trip, I wrote him asking which way they were headed and received no reply. They must have left right after that. Anyone have a cell phone number for them?

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    I think I remember they were heading for the Florida coast (Destin, Panama City). I can't remember where?
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    He and I exchanged emails on Tuesday. They have just gotten back and he had to work and take care of the farm. He will be back on the forum soon.. :lol:
  • TXTriker
    Options
    Thanks Kim. I won't bother JL with email 'cause he is no doubt swamped with email from being gone. I'll catch him after I see him on here.

Thanks again.
  • TXTriker
    Options
    Okay, Clark. I'd just hate like the devil to have missed them if they were to come this way and I didn't know it. I figured I could even ride part way and meet them. Glad to know they're back in one piece.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Lookie hear. Log on and hears my name!! Got to love the folks hear checking up on each other!! Just like a family and much appreciated!!!!! :woohoo: TXTRIKER I wrote you back the day you sent me the email. I got it. Don't know what happen to the return email?!! :ohmy: We left Tuesday morning for Fort Walton Fl. and spent 2 days there then loaded up Friday and rode HWY 90 up coast to New Orleans for 4 days in the Quarter. Rode home Tuesday in rain for 200 pluse miles off and on and then got a flat 30 miles from the house on front tire. Had air pump and pump 60 times, 2 miles, pump ect. LOONG 30 miles! Hay, chichen litter, work and getting grass under control week b4. Course a mess when we got home BUT I'm BACK and cooking birthday supper for wife right now on Egg. Will post in a while. Once again thanks all!!
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Good to see ya back JL. ;)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    You have been on my mind. Glad you guys made it home safe and had a great time.
    What a drag that last 30 min. Been there.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Hey, JL. Glad to have you back. I've been missing the pics of Jake ! Ha

Aren't vacations just an adventure?
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    there he is. welcome back...
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Good to hear from you again, and glad that you made it back in one piece!
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Glad you had a safe trip. ;) Too bad about the flat though. I love riding my bike but I don't think I got it in me to ride that far. Maybe if I had a dresser... :whistle: