Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rainbow Trout

Options
Rooster K
Rooster K Posts: 416
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I spent a few days fishing with my Grandfather and we caught some nice trout. When I got home on the egg they went. :lol: I stuffed the cavity with some fresh rosemary and thyme(no parsley and sage :ohmy:) and then rubbed the whole thing with EVOO and minced garlic. A dash of Kosher salt finished it off.

On the grill until the fish flaked easily.
DSCN2078.jpg
DSCN2081.jpg

Also made some crashed taters.
DSCN2076.jpg

Everything was really good.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks good!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Rooster K
    Options
    I would love to get back to your neck of the woods for some fly fishing. These were from a stocked lake in North Dakota.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Come on over, the waters fine!!
    Your more than welcome anytime.. I love to fish!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Rooster K
    Options
    Thanks for the offer. I lived in "the springs" for a year in the late 90's and I still have some friends there. I did why more MTN biking than fishing at that time. If I visit and need some egged food I'll let you know. :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Cool!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    Looks great :woohoo: , loved trout growing up, love smashed spud these days, gotta go home and catch some of those trout.

Doug
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    That looks great! Looking forward to the same thing next week at the "Little Red".