Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Dizzy Pork Chop

Rich GRich G Posts: 103
edited 9:53PM in EggHead Forum
Pork_Chop_Plated_091603.jpg
<p />This tasty pork chop was seasoned with freshly ground Dizzy Dust, cooked over a medium-hot fire, flipping the chop every 3-4 minutes or so. I cooked this one to medium rare, and it was tender, taste, and moist. Can't beat the thick, bone-in chop when it comes to avoiding dry pork....[p]Before seasoning:[p]
Pork_Chop_Before_091603.jpg[p][p]After seasoning:[p]
Pork_Chop_Seasoned_091603.jpg[p][p]On the grill:[p]
Pork_Chop_Grill_091603.jpg[p][p]
Cheers,
Rich G.

Comments

• ZipZip Posts: 372
    Rich G,[p]That looks very good and cooked to my specs based on the color.[p]Ashley
  • Rich G,
    are you sure it's safe to eat pork when it's that pink on the inside?

• Rich GRich G Posts: 103
    William R. ,[p]Yep. Any bugs are dead at 137. This was 141 post-rest.[p]R[p]
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Rich G,[p]Did you brine this in any way? Dried pork chops is one of my major egg issues. I do agree that the bone-in are WAY more tender and juicy than the butterfly. Just can't keep those from turning into leather (or is a football more appropriate) unless I do them stovetop.[p]mShark
  • Rich GRich G Posts: 103
    MollyShark,[p]Nope, no brine here. Just out of the package, up to room temp, seasoned and on the grill 15 mins later. Agreed, dry, chalky pork ranks right up there with dry, stringy chicken breast! I just kept a close eye on this one, and when it passed the "feel" test for med rare, I checked its temp, and pulled it off to rest. Perfect for me. Nobody else in my house will eat it this way (and I wouldn't feed it to my toddlers without cooking a little more), but perfect for me. :)[p]R

• wdanwdan Posts: 261
    MollyShark,
    Welcome back.