Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mini egg

Options
nvoss
nvoss Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone else had problems with the mini egg gasket falling off every other cook. This is my third gasket now. :angry:

Comments

• Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Sounds to me like there maybe something awry with your installation method or gasket or both. How are you installing and what type of gasket are you using? :huh:
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    My mini gasket fell off about 5 years ago, and she's been running fine ever since.

How well does your mini seal sans gasket? You may find that, with the cooking temps typically used on a Mini, a little bit of leakage doesn't really affect performance. Try loosing the nuts, reseating your lid, and see how well it seals.

The other option is just to put on a new gasket and do several lower temperature cooks on the Mini before really opening her up - some folks have had luck with using that method to "cure" the gasket glue.

Jason
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    Yup. Top gasket fell off on the first cook. I took it off and have only had bottom gasket ever since.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    The gasket on my mini has not had any problems. The mini I got was old dealer stock.

There are a lot of people are saying don't worry about gasket or no gasket is fine. Personally I will keep gaskets on the my eggs. The gaskets on my large are getting very worn but I am not too concerned about changing it out as of yet.

You should contact your dealer of BGE and request a replacement. Gaskets on newer eggs have been a result of defective adhesive.

GG
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Morro Bay Rich wrote:
    Yup. Top gasket fell off on the first cook. I took it off and have only had bottom gasket ever since.

Same here and my son as well - both fell off on the first cook and have been motoring along with just the bottom gasket. The bottom was loose so we pulled them and put them back on with 3M Super 777 - seals fine. Not going to do any low and slow cooks on the mini anyways. Can hold 300 fine.