Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stets Steak

Options
Raebo
Raebo Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just had to try it.
Bought 2 - 1.5" Porter house steaks, use your steak preference.
Combine 2-TBS of dry mustard, 2-TBS worcestershire sauce, 2 TBS of lime juice. 1/4 TBS of white pepper, "very important" do not use black pepper.
Mix into a paste rub all over the steaks top & bottom.
Let sit on the counter while you fire up the egg.
Smear lots of butter and coarse salt on the first sear side of your steak. (Fabulous caramelization will take place )
Drop them on at 600 to 650 for 2 minutes, ( I like searing not burning ) butter and salt the top side. while you wait.
Do not close your lid for the sear, no need to, you're searing not cooking.
Sear opposite side for 2 and remove.
Shut down the Egg almost completely, leave a credit card thickness on the bottom vent and just a sliver on the daisy, This reduces flash back big time,.
(The hair is just now growing back on my forearms), until you get her down to 400, then reset at 400 to 450 takes about 15 minutes.
Let those big boys take a rest and relax from the sear shock for 15 to 20 minutes not longer.
Back on the Egg for 3 minutes a side for rare (125 degrees ) more/less your preference.
Let sit for 10 minutes, before eating.
This is the best recipe I have ever used, everything else burns on the sear, Rubs sauces, pepper, etc., these ingredients don't.
I give full credit to the recipe developer Stetson Glimes, must be a Texan with a name like that.
Thanks bud.
For me there is now no other way to do a steak on my egg.

Comments