Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

refurb, and first cook with rig/spider

Options
Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Installed Nomex and new bands. Thanks Fred for the helpful video :)

Son turned two yesterday and decided to take the rig/spider/ss grate for its maiden voyage.

Once again tjv, thanks for great service and quality products. Order was placed on the 17th and on my doorstep from Texas on the 19th. I will be ordering another rig/spider next summer for the new large ;)

We egged Fidel's Teriyaki Shrimp Pineapple Skewers
http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=55&func=view&catid=1&id=445119

We also made some fried rice for a side. Didn't get pics of the finished plating, too busy egging.
Definitely a keeper. Loved the heat of the red pepper and ginger along with the sweetness of the pineapple. Thanks Fidel, they were a hit :)

Had to sub 26-30 count shrimp for the 16-20 :(
Also had to sacrifice the char of direct and do them indirect. Wanted to do full batches of everything simultaneously (ABTs, vegetable skewers, and hot dogs for the kids), figured the ABTs would get burnt on the bottom grate(flare ups)if I went direct.

For the ABT filling used cream cheese, Bomba, cheddar, finely chopped pulled pork, and a little granulated garlic, and minced onion.

The veggies were marinated shortly in some EVOO and balsamic vinegar.

Here is a slideshow of the first batch and a couple pics of the birthday boy
th_004-3.jpg
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments