Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Eggin\' with new toys - sharp ones!

Options
Smokin Tiger
Smokin Tiger Posts: 352
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got a couple of new knives the other day and finally had time to play with them tonight. :laugh:

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

Added a little Bob Gibson's style white sauce near the end...

IMG_1612.jpg

Spatchcock chicken with white BBQ sauce, coleslaw, and tater salad. Almost forgot to take the last picture ;)

IMG_1615.jpg

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    very nice tom , food and knives .. how did you treat the handles.. and you know these pics are not good for my budget... :laugh:
  • Smokin Tiger
    Smokin Tiger Posts: 352
    Options
    I used Board Butter (wax/mineral oil mixture) from the Boardsmith. My tung oil had dried out and I was itching to sharpen the Kiritsuki. I like it, but it will require some changes in technique. If you are used to rocking a chef knife, it would be easy to bury the tip in the cutting board. I was being very careful to avoid this. Whew, my budget needs a break too :whistle:, but I keep looking at 10K waterstones. I have found that the influences found on this forum and especially those on the knife forum to have a negative impact on the budget as well! B)