Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ping: Lawn Ranger for Roll Up Question

Eggerman1Eggerman1 Posts: 155
edited 10:22AM in EggHead Forum
I am marinating the pork as we type, but had a question on the stuffing. Was that a green pepper and cheese you stuffed in the middle? And any particular type of cheese?

I was going to do about a 400 degree raised grid and then just keep an eye on them, maybe 5 - 7 minutes total, flipping (rolling) a couple of times????

Any help is appreciated, if they are a hit, I am sure I will be making these as an appetizer over the 4th.

Comments

• Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    That was a segment of canned, whole green chili. A pre-roasted Poblano would be great, too! I used Monterrey Jack, but I think any type of mild cheese would be good. Since either of the peppers are basically cooked, you may not need to raise the grid too much. My pics looked like I used a slightly raised grid. If it's too high it probably won't give you any grill marks or sear on your meat. Yes, roll/flip a couple of times and check meat temp. frequently. It won't take long.

Let me know how it works out.

Mike
  • Eggerman1Eggerman1 Posts: 155
    I will, thanks for the quick response.

I think I am going to roast some poblanos as I didn't pick any of the jar peppers.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it!