Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My father's day cook-3rd cook overall

Options
ranchonodinero
ranchonodinero Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK after chicken the last couple of nights-it was time for a pork tenderloin. I got the recipe from here, but made some modifications. One of the tenderloins was the spinach and cream cheese with garlic and roasted almonds-seasoned with montreal steak seasoning. The second was a little different. Like a pork jelly-roll! I dusted the tenderloin with habenero seasoning (just a little kick) and stuffed it with pineapple and cream cheese and some roasted almonds. These guys were thin and cooked at 35 minutes at 400 degrees, direct on a raised grid (adjustable rig top shelf). Used some pecan that I had laying around from my turning scraps for smoke-this was only my 3rd cook. They would've looked better if I had only had some butcher's twine!570214335_EBrf3-M.jpg

Comments

• SLOandSteady
    SLOandSteady Posts: 210
    Options
    They both look great! Which one did you prefer?
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    nice looking cook, all you newbies with the adjustable rig is killing me :)
    canuckland
  • ranchonodinero
    Options
    I did the pineapple for the teenagers-it was good but I didn't have enough habenero-it really was like a smokey, meaty, pineapple jelly roll (I used cubed pineapple). Next time, I'll put the cream cheese in a bag and apply it to the meat cheeze whiz style for better coverage. Also, it would have been better if it had been twined as I couldn't turn them-the bottom side had a nice "crust" though. The one with spinach was probably the better one as it had a wider variety of flavors AND was preferred by the local egg benefactor and director of entertainment and finance (wife).