Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Serial Number Help

Options
Happy Hog
Happy Hog Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Serial Number Help

I need to fill out a warranty request form for a cracked fire box on my XLBGE
It ask for model number and serial number.
I assume the model would be XLarge
Can someone tell me where I can find the serial number?

I've had this Egg for just over 1 year. Not sure why the box would crack. Its only been used for low and slow cooks.

Thanks
Doug

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    I don't think there is a serial number on the eggs
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    You're fine. Every XL in existence is covered under the lifetime warranty.

Check with your local dealer and they should be able to help you out. If not give us a buzz and we'll get you squared away. 770-934-5300. We're sauper busy this time of year so you might have to leave a message but we will call you back.
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    I know that after you paid what you did for an XL, you don't want a cracked firebox but it's really not a big thing. All of my eggs (except my mini) have cracked fireboxes and they cook just fine. I'll continue to cook that way until the firebox develops enough cracks that it won't hold its shape. If it is still holding its shape, just wait until after the Father's Day rush to bug poor Bobby-Q. You might even wait until you have the opportunity to visit the Mother Ship. It'll save the cost of shipping and you can see the whole operation in action.
  • Happy Hog
    Happy Hog Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm sure the Egg will continue to serve me well with a cracked box.

But as you said it was a lot of money and I want to be sure to have new one on hand when it does give up the ghost.

I also have a large and a small egg but I use the XLarge to cook most of my pork butts,
    although last Friday I cooked 11 butts, 7 on the Xlarge and 4 on the large

Thinking about getting a mini sometime in the near future

I would love to visit the mother ship but I'm in Virginia and its a long way to Atlanta

I have only been to Atlanta twice in my life and that was before I knew there was such a thing as a BGE. I sure glad I found out :)

Hopefully I'll get back some day and you can be sure I will visit them.

Thanks to all for the info
    Doug