Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just got some news!

Options
mikeb6109
mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well dad has water on the lungs and both legs have blood clots!! He is not feeling very hot and will be staying at the hospital for the night and probably for a few days until they get everything under control!!
**** this was suppose to be just a regular hernia opp and this happens! Man dad has the worst of luck when it come to stuff like this,now all i am hoping is that everything will now head back on the right track and he can recover well and soon!!

Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers it means ALLOT to me!! ;)

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Thanks for the update. It is good your dad is where he is right now.

Not sure how old your dad is. My dad was what one would think very healthy. Once my dad hit 80 nothing was as easy as it seemed it should have been.

We are hopping all will turn out well.

Kent
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Hey Mike, we'll all be praying for your Dad! Those blood clots can be pretty serious things, but, it looks like he's in as good a hands as can be hoped for. Keep us posted.....you and family are in our thoughts!
  • FSUScotsman
    FSUScotsman Posts: 754
    Options
    Good luck with your Dad!! I know what you're going through. Hopefully they can get the water thing working with meds and then dissolve the clots. My dad just went through something similar and he's fine now.

Prayers up!!!
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Mike...This report is certainly is a LOT better than what they suspected earlier! :blink: With the diagnosis, hopefully this is a great beginning to a quick recovery! ;) In our thoughts and prayers.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you all...good luck.
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    he turned 60 in march and i always found him in good shape.
  • AuntieEgger
    AuntieEgger Posts: 258
    Options
    It’s been a busy day and I just saw your original post and this post now. It’s a good thing that the Doc’s found these things now so they can be treated instead of being left to fester and causing health problems later.

I had a blood clot in my jugular vein two years ago and lived to tell about it. It sounds like your father is also in good hands like I was.

Will keep your father and your family in my prayers

AuntieEgger
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Hopefully this will all go well for him. It's good he is in the hospital being watched over.

Our best.

Kent
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Keeping the prayers heading your way buddy. Steve is gonna call you in a bit.
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers are to your Dad, to you and your family.

Peace.

Gary
    Canoga Park, Ca.
  • EGC
    EGC Posts: 448
    Options
    Our prayers are with you, your family, and your dad.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    he's in the right spot. they'll take care of him.

everybody gets some cr^p like this to deal with, unfortunately this time is his (and yours). he'll get out, and you'll both have a damn good reason to go fishing or to not take anything too seriously from now on. as bad as it is, at least it will serve to put things in perspective. everything else will seem like small stuff from now on, right?

just wish you didn't have to actually go through it to learn any lessons.

keep us posted.

sorry to hear the news, but it sounds like he's on the right track.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    The good news is they know what's going on and can help him. Advise him to be very honest with any sensations he is feeling, and not to hesitate to let them know. I'll call tomorrow, and see how yall are doing. Blessings and good thoughts coming your way!
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I'll keep your dad in my prayers, Mike.
  • DrugCoder
    DrugCoder Posts: 219
    Options
    I'm adding you and your family to my prayer list. I wish you the best. Keep us updated!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    well in light of where things started this is good news :) hope it all continues to go up :) keep us posted and we will all be thinking about you and your family!
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    glad he's hanging in there. ..those clots can be nasty. . .so can the fluid in the lungs. ...will keep sending the good mojo his way!!!