Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Injecting turkey breast

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am getting ready to try injecting a turkey breast, but I want to use something like a teriyaki based recipe. I have done numerous cooks with just olive oil and various rubs, and they have all turned out great. I just wanted to try something different. Any suggestions?

Comments

• AU,
    I've injected them with a variety of flavors from lemon butter with garlic to salad dressings with good results. You can even try to soak in some sage/dill etc. with the injection mix for even more flavor. I use a V-rack & put a small piece of foil beneath to minimize flare-ups. They do quite well at 250 for four hours or so, depending on the size. I have used boneless & cooked similiar to how I would chicken that was the same way. For a small gathering, a bone-in breast is easy & appreciated by all. Good luck.

• Freak
    Freak Posts: 79
    Options
    AU,[p]Emeril has a great marinade for a cajun spiced turkey. You will be surprised at how good this marinade is! Here is the link.[p]-Tom[p]
    [ul][li]emerils fried turkey[/ul]