Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Sirloin Steaks

Options
chicken man
chicken man Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just bought a bunch of "boneless pork sirloin steaks", about 1.25 inches thick. I would have preferred more fat and a bone but the price was right (.99/lb) and I know the people at the grocery look at me funny when I ask for extra fat.

They are beautiful but a man has to know his limitations. I will dry them out without help from the wonderful folks on this board. I've read a lot here and opinions are split on direct or indirect but the thickness probably makes a difference. What do you guys think?

If I do them low and indirect do you recommend putting them in foil for a while like the 4/1/1 rib method? I've had spectacular results with that. All thoughts apprciated. I'm great with ribs but I am quite capable of ruining these without help.Thanks.