Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...need help in selecting my new TV

Options
ric3677
ric3677 Posts: 278
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have finally decided that my promised Christmas present is due. While at Sams today I looked at the Samsung Plasma PN58A650, It seems to be a nice set. Any comments?
Thanks and have a nice day.

Rick in Mt.

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    I bought the Samsung LN52A850 last year...I love it! It replaced an older 42" Samsung DLP (which I am still using...) Waiting for my old Mitsubishi 65" rear-projector to kick it, so that I can get one of their new LED panels.

Make sure you get it in time for football season ;)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Love my Panasonic Plasma. I though the plasma would have too much glare but not so.

GG
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I bought the Sharp 65" LCD about 5 months ago and liked it so much I went back to Costco and bought a Sharp 40" LCD for the garage/workshop. The nice thing about buying at Costco is if they drop the price within 90 days they will refund the difference. We got $800 back on the 65" and $50 back on the 40". -RP
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    I would select a LCD screen, samsung or sony
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I would also go with an LCD. I was in Sams a few years ago and the manager showed me the new brand that had just come out. The name was Vizio and it had a better picture than any other on display. They were really undercutting the competitors back then too. I bout a 37 for my bedroom for about 400 less than any other brand. I was skeptical but here we are 3 years later and its still kicking with a great picture. I'm thinking of replacing my Hitachi 57" in my living room with another Vizio when the time comes. Good luck with your choice.