Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last night's ribs

Options
OttawaEgg
OttawaEgg Posts: 283
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So good, I had to share!

Standard prep, BGE maple rub.

On for the smoke:
smoking2.jpg

3 hours later (and a margarita or 3), sauced them up:
sauced.jpg

Plated with my home-made slaw:
plated-1.jpg

Dems were goooood !
:cheer:

Comments

• bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    Those look great! I can see you whiping you face to get the sauce off. lol BTW, if I may, use a drip pan or make one out of foil to keep the sauce from hitting your platesetter. To clean it like new. Do a clean burn. Fresh lump up the fire ring. turn the legs down on the platesetter and open that puppy up..You will have a clean Egg. The down side, you will find out how well you gasket is. You may cook your's off. If you do, just replace it with ine of the high temp gaskets.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • OttawaEgg
    Options
    I usually do use a drip pan... ready to put the ribs on ooops no pan to be found.

No biggie, like you said I can burn it off.

As for my gasket...well, its pretty much toast anyway.

I am due for a big "clean" though.

I'm thinking I can put the PS, pizza stone and cast iron grill all in for the burn / clean.

What temp should I let it get to? How long?

Cheers! :cheer:
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Grand Oeuf Vert Posts: 1,631
    Options
    Nicely done!
    Hope to have some ribs on myself if the coming days.
    Sobey's has Stirling Sivler Baby Back on sale this week.
    In additon to all this Eggfest organizing, I got roped into building a huge deck at for Brother-in-law. That's going to take away from Egging time over the next few week ends. We started it yesterday. I feel almost crippled today. Back, legs, shoulders. Everything hurts.
    I now I have to go back to work after over a weeks vacation. (At least I can get some rest there.)
  • OttawaEgg
    Options
    Thanks - wifie said last batch was better.

The only difference was last time I used maple - this time it was apple wood.

go figger :blink:

She still loved em though! :woohoo:
  • bubba tim
    Options
    OK, How many Tims can we get on this post'''lol. What temp you ask and for how long? Take the DFMT off, open the bottom vent all the way. If you egg is on a deck, mak sure the screen is closed. Light that sucker, when the lump is all gone, you are done. Self cleaning Egg of sorts.... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • OttawaEgg
    Options
    Okay - so I can put in the PS, CS grill and zaza stone light er up and let her rip...

How long does it take to burn? (assuming lump to the top of the fire ring).

(Lots of tims is good ! LOL)
  • bubba tim
    Options
    I am thinking 4 hours to burn and 3 to cool. Your temp will be close to 90 dergrees
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Pretty ribs--great job! I'm putting some on in just a bit for dinner this evening.