Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vacation Mini Travel Ideas

Options
oldfishinglure
oldfishinglure Posts: 235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going on our first vacation with no kids in 6 years. Have a small cabin outside of Branson, and the Big Cedar Lodge for 4-5 days. Gonna bring the mini along.

Got a few parts on order, gonna do a smal refurb on her, the mini that is.... :P

But wanted some thoughts on what to pack and take in the cooler that will last the 7 hour drive....The cabins have a small kitchen inside so wont be roughin it, yet dont want to get too fancy or too complicated just in case a quickie is in order....Meal, that is... :laugh:

I just want to relax and enjoy have a few drinks and enjoy the quiet...Was thinking a few small Lobster tails one night...Maybe stuffed burgers (I dont like to move afte rI eat these though), Shrimp?

Any thoughts...
www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com

Comments

• bull
    bull Posts: 64
    Options
    No advice from me as im a newbie but please enjoy yourself on your vacation.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Check the lodge rules and make sure you can have a charcoal grill. When we take the mini camping we have done the following:

burgers
    dogs
    steak
    pork tenderloin
    scrambled eggs/toasts
    breakfast pizza
    pizzas
    tater tots
    nutella quesadillas
    corn on the cob
    baked potatoes
    baked sweet potatoes