Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

End of semester grilling session (pic heavy)

Options
Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello everyone,

Finals yesterday :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Decided to invite the clinical group over for some well deserved fun

JL shot of the liquid raws :evil:
008-3.jpg

Self-serve Mai Tais
018-3.jpg

3 slabs and 2 italian sausage fatties. Used Beals sauce and Mike Mills Magic Dust
006-5.jpg

009-2.jpg

Kind of whipped this Bente/Zippy inspiration up last minute for an appetizer. Tortilla, mozzarella, couple spoons of Bomba mixed with the cheese, and smoked italian sausage fattie
012-3.jpg

013-4.jpg

The girls loved the Bomba. Only one thought it was too spicy :ermm:

Marinated some wings in wishbone italian dressing overnight. I used the marinade for the sauce. Brought it to a slow boil to kill the "bugs", added a little butter, cholula, and Scorned Woman hot sauce.
Here is pics of one of the batches
028-1.jpg

030.jpg

Bought a doughball at the local pizza joint(no mixer yet :whistle: ) and used the smoked fattie, diced onion, and Dei Fratelli sauce
016-2.jpg

Having fun, what eggin' is all about
021-1.jpg

Thanks for reading :)
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    You did well there, Brandon. Congrats on the end of yet another semester! How many more? Still think you'll be driving over for the Peoria Eggfest on June 6th? Hope so! Ron
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Great to have those ole exams behind you! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Good looking cook. I'm sure your classmates were pleased! :laugh:
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    XYRN2B,

Scorned Woman! One of the best sauces I have. Not neccessarily the best in flavour but I have loved the name for thirty years. Used to get one in the Market in NOLA that was hand bottled in 1 liter bottles. The old woman that sold it hand labelled it Scorned Womens. Bomba, too spicy, say it ain't so.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Focker
    Options
    Thanks guys,

Ron, hope all is well in Peoria :)
    One semester left :woohoo:

I was ready to roll, didn't have a wedding to bartend that weekend. Then I found out a couple months ago, two good friends are getting married. I will make it down next year for sure
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Options
    Steve,

One of the girls, bottom right in pic, loves hot sauce. We go to a Mongolian grill for lunch and she puts more hot sauce on her food that even I can handle. She put a pretty good dent in the Scorned Woman yesterday B)

That one liter bottle would go a long way. The names that some people come up with for their hot sauce is hilarious. I was laughin' to myself in the aisle when I was checking them over. One in pariticular was a glass whiskey flask, Colon Cleanser was the name I think :woohoo:

The girl that thought the Bomba was too spicy, said the same thing about the Beals sauce and wings. I was conservative with the Beals and only added about 1 T of chipotle. I didn't add that much Scorned Woman for the wings, maybe a spash or two

Some people... :woohoo:
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    looks like a fun group!!

on the beals sauce is this the one you are talking about?

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=71&func=detail&id=934

if it is i usually leave the chipotle out and try to have some kind of hot sauce for others to use Mrs. Dog's makes a really good one to have on the side.. i have to leave the hot out or the wife revolts :laugh: the adult beverages look really good ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    XY...
    G-R-E-A-T looking food. I missed dinner last night, and lunch today (had to settle for those protein bars-yuk), and haven't had dinner yet tonight. You post has me starving for real food. Maybe you should invite your profs over for some egg food, might get you some brownie points! ;)
    Brian in PA
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Congrats on getting through!!! What a great looking cook and celebration!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Focker
    Options
    Bente,

Yep, thats the one. Whenever I try different sauces, I always end up coming back to this one. I will have to do the hot sauce on the side next time. She even thought the Mai Tais were too strong :blink:

Thanks ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Options
    Thanks Boss Hogg and cookn biker,

I might need some brownie points next semester. My clinical instructor this fall is the toughest one in the program :unsure:
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    XYRN2B,

If I ever get my collection back on diplay I'll post pics. It's the names that got me started. Fidel picked up a couple in Charleston and one of the labels is the funniest I have. Can't name it here.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON