Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp-Olde Man \'N Sea

Options
Richard Fl
Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First did these on BGE in '06. Have done several times since. Just posting to share and get a link for future reference. Hope you try them.
PS stuffing is also great in ABT'S.

Shrimp, Stuffed, Crab, OLDE MAN 'N SEA, Richard Fl

5OLDEMANNSEA.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
Large Shrimp, The Bigger The Better, These are 5 per pound
Bacon Strips to Wrap
1 Cup Crab Meat
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Egg
2 Stalks Celery, Finely Chopped
1/4 Cup Red Onion, Finely Chopped
Salt/Pepper to taste
Dash Picante Sauce
Some Bread Crumbs to Bind.
Some Lemon Juice

Procedure:
1 Mix the ingredients. Stuff the shrimp and wrap with bacon. I pre-cooked in microwave 3 minutes. This was thick bacon.
2 BGE: Indirect 325°F, 25-30 minutes.Any crab left over, make into little balls and cook as snack.
3 Start With Large Shrimp: NOTE: 7" Santoku

1-5TO1S.jpg

4 Ready to Stuff:

3.jpg

6 Stuffed With Crab Mixture:

4-1.jpg

7 Bacon Wrapped:

6.jpg

8 Ready For Grill:

7.jpg

9 Off The Grill:

8.jpg

Recipe Type
Main Dish, Seafood

Recipe Source
Source: BGE Forum, Richard Fl, 2007/02/22

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    good looking stuff there my friend!!

i have seen that crab in a store is it pretty good? i was kind of scared to buy it cause i could not see it :S

also thanks again for the package ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Richard...those are some fine looking shrimp....grill is direct I suppose
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    These were indirect 325F, however I have done them 325-350F direct high in dome.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Looks excellent, Richard. Thanks for the idea. That may be what's for dinner at my house tonight.

Bente, I buy lump crab that is pasturized in a can all the time. I get it at Costco for $16 -$17 a lb. It has always been good, and I have tried several different brands. Just make sure it is lump.

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Richard Fl
    Options
    I agree with Faith about the lump in the big box stores. Do not use the small cans of Geisha or other brands from Walgren or such as they have lots of shell and don't smell or taste as good as the lump.
    Or you might find Alaskan King or snow on sale and make your own. Or you could catch your own.

100_0533-1.jpg
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    yea if we have crabs in our lake it is proabably a std not the kind to eat :woohoo:

i will give them a shot although we dont have a costco here i think i seen them at the resturant depot so i will give it a shot thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb