Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's Cookin' This Weekend??

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm thinking about T-rexing the hell out of a few 1.5" to 2" PRIME NYStrips....my butcher sells them for the low-low price of $19.99 per pound, but it's almost worth it. A few more high-balls and I'll talk myself into it.

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Bill-the-Grill,[p]Where do you live? I guess I'm lucky - here in Houston I can get Prime NY strips for $10.99/lb.[p]BTW, I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read "TREx the hell out of . . . " That's hilarious.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Bill-the-Grill,[p]That seems a bit pricey, I hope they are 21 day dry-aged.[p]K~G

• Unknown
    Options
    KennyG, they're definitely pricey. Unfortunately, my best local meat supplier (Orlando, Florida) is one of those toney "gourmet" butcher shops. On the good side, they will replace without question any meat that you are not 100% pleased with, and otherwise provide incredible service.[p]Also, I had an extensive meeting last night with my executive assistant, Jack Daniels, and we agreed that buying four (4) of these gems would not be the end of the world. Ergo, I limped in there this AM and brought home 4 of the nicest cuts I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to the cook.
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    steaks.jpg
    <p />Bill-the-Grill,[p]I have access to a restaurant supplier here in Cleveland (it's good to have a Chef as a friend). From time to time, I will pick up a couple dry-ages Prime NY strips. They are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! Just expensive.[p]K~G