Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Should I Cook Today??????

Options
BHE1
BHE1 Posts: 205
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I've been out of town all week, haven't anything cooked on the egg for a week!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

I will be cooking something today though! Question is, what should I cook? I will say prior to leaving last week I made my best baby back ribs to date---they were awesome!!! I figure I will have time for up to a six hour cook tonight---what will it be?

Please give suggestions!!!

Thanks,

Ed

Comments

• Boxerpapa
    Boxerpapa Posts: 989
    Options
    Treat yourself and cook a beef tenderlon or standing rib roast. Bought some last weekend that were on sale and out of this world.
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    I haven't had good fresh basil since last summer. Mine is still too small to harvest, so I bought some at the farmer's market yesterday. Hmmmmm...fresh basil means new batches of pesto! Pesto means basil cream sauce. And...basil cream sauce means grilled salmon. Got a good hunk of salmon this afternoon? Just my suggestion.

SalmonSurfTurf.jpg
  • BHE1
    BHE1 Posts: 205
    Options
    Grilled Salmon....that sounds GOOD. Of course so does a rib roast, but that what's for dinner tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.

Since I don't have any Salmon, I elected to cook a 3 lb pork loin for dinner tonight. I will also make cedar planked mashed potatoes with cheese and maybe bacon.

Should be a good dinner.