Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Success - Thanks all around

Options
Cornbread Willy
Cornbread Willy Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My first brisket was a definite success - thanks to everyone for their tips! Rubbed the 6 pounder with Dizzy Pig Cowlick rub Thursday night and let him hang out in the fridge. Got up early yesterday and got myself a steady 250 on the egg with indirect set-up. Chucked a few large hickory chunks into the mix and put the cow chest on at 7 am sharp. Dome temp held steady - too easy! Just like clockwork the internal temp hit 194 at 3 pm sharp. Took him out, wrapped him in foil and put him in my cooler that had been turned into a heater per JSlot's recommended method.[p]Made a homemade sauce recommended by Naked Whiz (recipe on his site) - Old South BBQ sauce - I thickened it a little with some tomato paste and heated it up with some chipotle powder. It was killer![p]Long story short - I brought the brisket over to a party last night where our host made a fancy dancy mixed grill with all kinds of pricey ingredients. Suffice it to say that he had leftovers and I did not. The brisket was a huge hit! Just wish I had some left so I could have a sandwich today. Oh well, next time I'll get a bigger one.

Comments