Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brisket, Foiled or Not

jcjc Posts: 10
edited 3:34AM in EggHead Forum
My first brisket is on the Egg and looks great. Went on last night @ 9:00 and now sits at 177. Wondering whether it should be wrapped in foil for the last hours. Try foil with ribs and it works great. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.[p]Jim

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,489
    JC,
    Some wrap to finish the cook, but I wrap in foil after in comes off the cooker, and hold in a warm cooler for 1-6 hours. It is really your preference.[p]Adding some liquid (like beef broth) to the foil package will help keep the meat more moist. Again...not necessary, but your call![p]Have fun. Wish I were there!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • jcjc Posts: 10
    FirstBrisket.JPG
    <p />Nature Boy,[p]Thanks for the advice. Here's a picture since you're not here!

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,489
    BrisketTurnIn.jpg
    <p />JC,
    Holy jumpin chunk-o-chest, batman![p]That is a beaut. Gonna be gooood. Take some pics after you carve it![p]Enjoy.....and beers to you!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings