Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Q and doing all of the cooking......Any help

Options
convert
convert Posts: 13
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Next weekend we are having a PARTY..75-100 people.. Ribs and chicken.. Planning on doing the ribs the day before and the chicken while it's going....Question How do I warm ribs to keep them from drying out??? Sterno and water under ribs? Roaster set at low temp? Cook untill almost done and finish the next day??? Its kinda our wedding reception we got married 3 weeks ago in flordia and promised a party when we got back.. Any Help??? Thanks Convert

Comments

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Convert,[p]I won't be of much help on the reception ideas, but wondered where you are in Florida....?[p]QBabe
    :~)

• convert
    convert Posts: 13
    Options
    QBabe,
    Well QBabe I don't live in florida I live in.......As much as I hate to admit Jersey... (transplant) We Got Married in Sarasota.. Spent two weeks there an then went to Maui for a week... Great Honeymoon.... vacation....Going back next year...Spent all the money over there now trying to have A Decent party.And I'm doing the cooking on my large... Thanks for the response...Convert

• Rich G
    Rich G Posts: 103
    Options
    Convert,[p]I've had good luck reheating ribs in the oven. Here's how:[p]I keep the slabs whole. Cover a sheet pan with sides with foil. Place a rack or two (whatever fits) in the pan, and pour in 1/2 cup or so of apple juice. Cover that tightly with more foil, then place in a 300 degree oven for 45-60 minutes or until warmed through.[p]I'm sure that you could adapt this to some sort of buffet placement with a sterno/steam pan set up.[p]One word of caution, the bark on the ribs will soften in this moist environment. If you really care, you can put the ribs on the grill for a few minutes to stiffen it back up. Handle the racks of ribs carefully at this point, they will be liable to fall apart.....[p]Hope this helps.[p]Rich G.[p]PS: Oh, and, congrats on the wedding!!

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    convert,[p]Oops! I guess if I'd have looked closely I'd have realized that, LOL! Congratulations on your recent marriage. Mr. Hyde and I have been married now for almost 18 years...gosh, to this day, I can't believe it's been that long and at that same time am amazed at how short a time it has seemed! [p]Tonia
    :~)