Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hacking up some ribs

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm taking a break from butchering the crap out of some pork spares. The typical setup at the Cornfed ranch (to borrow a QFan term) is to simply season the beast, smoke it, and then let the proverbial wolves tear it apart with their bare hands. I'm trying to actually improve my cooking now, though, so I'm getting a little artistic in the trimming of the pork spares this evening.[p]I have everything cut up all pretty now, and am about to give everything a 50-50 apple cider vinegar/water bath followed by a healthy dose of John Willingham's "Mild Seasoning." These will sit in the fridge until tomorrow at 10amish before they go into a rib rack over hickory for about 4.5-5.5 hours turning every half hour or so.[p]I like ribs,
Cornfed
[/b]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Cornfed,
    Uh oh...
    "I'm trying to actually improve my cooking now, though, so I'm getting a little artistic in the trimming of the pork spares this evening"[p]What the hootinany did you do to those ribs?? I picture a foo foo dog with puffs on the top of his head and the end of his tail!![p]Pictures please.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ