Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Place setter

Options
MR H
MR H Posts: 109
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My BGE place setter arrived today from BGE . I will be looking from time to time on helpful hints to make grilling a grat experience.[p]What are the do's and don'ts[p]
MR H .

Comments

• Poncho
    Poncho Posts: 50
    Options
    MR H,
    Just got mine today, along with a pizza stone. The pizza came out great, although I will let it pre-heat a little longer next time. I cooked them at about 550. I will probably go hotter as well. Tomorrow, I am going to do an indirect set up to roast a duck.
    Poncho

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    MR H,
    I don't know about any don't's. Don't drop it, that's fer sure! I have only really used mine legs down to hold a pizza stone and legs up to hold a drip pan for indirect cooking.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Poncho,[p]In your quest to raise the temp/bake for pizza, take small leaps in raising the temp. A couple of years ago, after I was very comfortable with the pizza bake process on the BGE, I started this quest and raised the temp/bake to 600°F, then 650°F, then maintained 700°F, and have settled into a pizza bake temp range of 750°F to 775°F. I've baked a couple of pizzas at around 800°F, but that's more of a guess/judgement with the current thermometer. Use lots of lump![p]Depending on thickness of the crust, the amount of toppings, and the heat transfer from the ceramic mass, expect at these high temps to have a completely baked pizza in four to six minutes.[p]As with all cooks and bakes, "safety first!"[p]Puj