Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate Setter - Heat with legs up ??

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all
my earlier post did not seem to make the forum so will do it a second time.[p]I am considering a plate setter and would like to learn a little more than I know about them.[p]The pictures of them I have seen, make me think that with surface setting on the fire ring with the plate setter legs up that surface would get a LOT of heat. It looks like it is very close to the coals.[p]Does this not cause a problem? (Like melted plate setter etc.) <smile>[p]Any comments will be appreciated.[p]KL

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    KL,[p]No, it doesn't cause a problem. The platesetter can withstand the amount of heat produced by the egg. In fact, thats its purpose. You can put it legs up, put a drip pan on top of it, then the grill on the legs. The platesetter allows the meat to cook indirect, the drippings fall through the grill and into the pan.[p]
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    KL,
    The plate setter is made from ceramic so it isn't going to melt.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz