Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ribs, Romaine, and Eggs

SlickSlick Posts: 382
edited 1:43PM in EggHead Forum
Tonight's dinner! Spares with an oriental type sauce, grilled romaine with hot bacon dressing, and smoked deviled eggs! First cook with peach wood, since we lost a tree over the winter and I now have LOTS of it. Nice delicate smoke. There was no leftovers.

ribs.jpg

Comments

• EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    nice...how did you smoke the deviled eggs?..just make them as usual and set em on the egg for some smoke flavor?..I LOVE deviled eggs! :woohoo:
  • SlickSlick Posts: 382
    I cooked the eggs first, then peeled and put them on whole for about 20 minutes. Not sure I would try it with hickory, but the peach gave them a nice delicate smokey flavor. Apple would probably work well, also. Cooled in the frig, then made the usual filling with mustard and Miracle Whip. Temp was at 250.
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    Very Meaty ribs. Nice plate!