Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

STEAM BURNS ON THE EGG - OR - WHEN AM I GONNA BUY THAT GLOVE

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ouch, i was doing beer butt chickens saturday morning (that's right saturday morning. . . .i did rib eye steaks saturday night. . .)set up two nice 4 1/2 pound birds over beer cans containing a tablespooon of tsunami spin (birds were also rubbed heavily with tsunami spin). ..did them over the inverted plate setter at 325 (they were done in almost exactly 1 1/2 hours). . .anyway, went to check them after about an hour sealed in that egg, lifted the lid handle, and between the normal moisture in the egg, and that boilin beer, i got a nice steam burn across my knuckles. . .[p]those chickens were moist as could be though. . .my wife loves the meat in chicken salad, and what the hell, i can always grow some new skin on my digits. .. .

Comments

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    hey, who needs all that hair on the knuckles anyway? Or the backs of the hand, or around the wrist. It can be real hot, real quick. [p]I like the "dummy" move of not wearing gloves on the high temp cooks. It's tough to get the steaks flipped when you are also searing the back of your hand....I'm looking at the back of my right hand....and there ain't too much hair back there....imagine that! Dummy. (Me, that is!) I wonder how many times a guy will do that before he wises up? [p]I went to remove a pork shoulder this morning, and I bent over the grill to pick one of them up....fogged my glasses over right now...Dummy. Couldn't see a thing. Talking to myself at 5 AM, complimenting my intelligence level.[p]Mike in MN

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Mike in MN,
    You just gave me a great idea, now I can tell people I lost the hair on my head when leaning over the egg to flip the steaks, thanks. LOL ÜÜÜ[p]Cheers,
    New Bob

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    New Bob,
    Oh boy...I just laughed out loud! I'm not sure that line would work...but hey, it beats a "comb over." [p]Mike in MN[p]
    PS No offense to those trying desperately to "maintain."

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Mike in MN,
    Glad you got a laugh, many years ago I just decided that the few hairs on my dome looked foolish, cut em off and even though I'm butt ugly, it looks better then trying to have something I don't. LOL[p]Best Regards,
    New Bob,
    AKA, the solar dome. HeeHeeHeeeeeeeeee