Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonights Za!

Options
TomM24
TomM24 Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The raws AZRP dough, Boboli sauce, Whole Milk Mozzarella, and Egged Buckboard Pork Loin.
IMG_0533.jpg
The shaped dough. It is much easier to work with if its aged at least a day.
IMG_0534.jpg
Ready for the Egg. Added some pine nuts at the last minute.
IMG_0535.jpg
The final product.Cooked at 500 for 14 minutes with a spin at 7.
IMG_0538.jpg

The underside. I added some corn meal to the parchment paper before I placed the dough on it. I think it added some flavor.

IMG_0537.jpg
It was a nice combo with the nuts and the bacon :)

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Tom, beautiful job with the dough, I aged mine 4 days this time (made too much Saturday so bagged it till today :laugh: ), was good - love your granite too, & the bricks, great kitchen
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • TomM24
    Options
    Marc:

Thanks the wife picked out everything in the kitchen it has a very Tuscan atmosphere
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Pizza looks great Tom. The crust looks perfectly done.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: she must be my wife's sister... I had no say in the kitchen (& here all this time I thought it was my room :huh: )
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • R&R Futures Trader
    Options
    Looks to be a great job on the egg. Now if we could only taste the message!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Pie looks awesome, was it as good as it looks? Now we need to work on the sauce. Do you have a food processor? If so, put 2 or 3 garlic cloves in with 1/4 tsp fennel seeds and process. Add one large can of plum tomatoes (san marzano or Italian style) without the juice, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp chile flakes, 6 good sized fresh basil leafs, salt, and pepper and process just enough to leave a little bit of chunk to the tomatoes. Use this fresh, no cooking other than when it is on the pie. You will like. -RP
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Options
    We've kinda settled into Wednesday pizza night. Every week, the kids say the pizza is the best ever! :lol:

I tried some artichoke hearts on mine tonight - yum.

Richard
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Tom you've become a ZaMeister! Great lookin pie and photos! Nice!
  • TomM24
    Options
    Randy:

This was my best pie so far. We have few different size food processors so I printed out your recipe and I'll give it a go soon. I have had almost no problems with your dough recipe except the one day when I tried to use it the same day it was a little elastic and kept streching back. If I waited a least a day I had no problems. This was the first one that went 4 days in the frig and it was the best.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Glad to see you adding pine nuts...they are really good on pizzas...great looking pie :P