Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket, burn on bottom

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How do you smoke a brisket without burning the bottom?

Comments

• JodyMo
    JodyMo Posts: 46
    Options
    Grillerman,
    Try cooking it indirect- with a drip pan. Or you could cook with the grill extended, which also provides a little more space between the fire and meat. If you are cooking at low temps, you may not need to worry about burning.
    Just my 2 cents.
    -JodyMo

• Ed G.
    Ed G. Posts: 24
    Options
    Grillerman,[p]I had the same problem too, I started using a drip pan filled with some water the keep the brisket moist and that really helped.
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Grillerman,
    Go indirect with a drip pan. Besides acting as a barrier, the drip pan will catch an excessive fat dripping off the brikset. As for water in the drip pan...I don't know it's really necessary. There's plenty of fat in the brisket and the egg does such a great job of holding the moisture in, the water isn't needed. IMHO

• Unknown
    Options
    Grillerman,
    Besides what the others have posted you can also flip the brisket after 4 to 6 hours to fat side down, after a few more hours flip it fat side up again.
    Jim