Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

digiq II

Options
Big Polish
Big Polish Posts: 23
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got my new DigiqII for my xl egg. The instructions included are minimal. Does the dome temp plug with the clip attach to the thermometer included with the egg. Thanks. Im cooking a 11 lb full brisket and a 9 pound shoulder if anyone has tips for cooking both at once.

Comments

• Goobs
    Goobs Posts: 15
    Options
    The DigiQ II is very easy to use (and great)... For the "pit temperature", I try to place the alligator clip in a place that will best read the temperature I want close to the meat. If you are using a platesetter (legs up), I find the back side of the factory BGE works well for Pork Butt or Brisket. Another option is the grill itself... I am absolutely no expert, but if I were cooking a brisket and a butt side by side (and I have not), I would be concerned about them cooking at different temps... this is the problem with the DigiQ II-- only 1 temp probe... I would probably put it in the butt, but check the temp of the both after 12 hrs or so... this will let you know if one is cooking significantly faster than the other... Good Luck!
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options
    Hi Big Polish,

Welcome to the forum. I hope this helps. The pit probe placement is explained here.
    If you do not already have it there is a more detailed User Guide for the DigiQ II here.

I can't help with the dual cook, sorry.

Gator