Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How did you choose your EGGHEAD handle??

Options
Little Chef
Little Chef Posts: 4,725
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone! Some have been around for quite a while, others are quite new to this forum! Let's have some fun and get to know each other a bit!! :laugh:

I chose my handle, #1 because I am a Chef, and #2, because I am not exactly large in stature!

So...example 1:

DSC00472-1.jpg

Big'Un....And Little Chef.
Please note...Big'Un is bent down so we could take the pic! I'm still trying to figure out why he calls himself Big'Un.... :whistle:

And...example 2:

DSC00477-1.jpg

MAINE Egg....and me. I think with Julie, it has something to do with where she lives? Not really sure..... :woohoo:

Now it's everyone elses turn! No pics necessary! Lets just have some fun and get to know each other a bit!

Happy Eggin, Everyone!
Michelle
Hollywood, FL

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    My name is Mike and I live in East Rutherford N.J. (NOT)

Andygator.jpg
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I'm a cook and a biker.(both kinds) :)
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Wife = Alabama Grad
    Me = UF Grad

SpringBreak09228.jpg
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Beli......my nickname....... Canadian maple...a present from mikeb

DSCN0981.jpg
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Well, i like bluegrass music and I used to play the fidel.

Kidding.

I am an avid cigar fan and I run my business like a dictator. My wife coined the nickname years ago and it just stuck.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    You get 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count :P
  • Rib Bones
    Rib Bones Posts: 449
    Options
    We got our Egg just a few months ago. Everyone asks for ribs (or as our 7 year old grandson says "riiiibs") with his cute little country accent. Doesn't matter how many racks we make, only have BONES left.
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Good question!!!

I was very original and went with first name and last initial... However, I am from Mississippi and I am a consultant in the computer industry...

I very much hope to get to one of the eggfests to meet you guys, but am a little hesitant, because I would be coming alone, and have not met a soul from this forum in person... Might be a little intimidating...

Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    It's what I ride on, or should say rode on.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I'm crazy, no wait . . . I drive twains for You Pay RR
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Anna, I'll go with you.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Sparky,it matches my apron that MikeB6109 gave me :woohoo: It was all Little Stevens idea,I used to be doug-123(for the three eggs that I had).Then I got a forth egg :pinch: "Sparky" it is.I'm also an electrician,so it kinda fits me :blink: Shocking huh? :lol:

Eggfest08038.jpg
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    I am of Celtic Ancestry and a great lover of wolves.

Been my forum handle on various sites for years.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Erm... I'm not very creative... :blink:

It's just my name!

:whistle: Broc :ermm:
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I thought you were a fan of that basketball team from Boston.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Anna

We have met some of the nicest people on this forum and eggtoberfest...yes there is one very intimidating....guess?? :woohoo:
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Oh Anna....These are the wrong folks to feel intimidated with! You will be welcomed to the family just like everyone else!! :woohoo: So you think we are all 'couples'??? NOT. Come to a fest! It will be the best time of your life!!! You will meet BFF's for real! :laugh: :woohoo:
    Hope to meet you soon!
    Michelle
    Hollywood, FL
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Anna I'm going to my first one in about 3 weeks. OKC. Cmon get out and meet some of these folks. I talked to Chris yesterday and there are more rooms available.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I know what you are going through. I had the "eggfest or not" syndrome for weeks before I decided to just say what the heck, they ain't agonna kill me. Might make fun of my cooking, but I can give them plenty of ammo :P
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    You are latin, wear skimpy bikini bathing suits and clean pools?
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Aww shucks....lol....I was hoping you loved Broccoli... :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Woody69
    Woody69 Posts: 360
    Options
    "Woody" (nickname) was already taken, so I added the 69 (born in 69).... :)
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Just used my last name. But I noticed that most folks have creative handles.

So, I could leave it as is, or pick one more creative.

Options:
    Bash
    4inTow (have four kids)
    CatHerder (kids, plus work)
    GTEgger (Ga Tech grad)
    PTCEgger (Peachtree Corners - Atlanta suburb)

Anyone care to vote?
  • Little Chef
    Options
    OK...another example....lol....Here is Big'Un, Little Chef...and....oh yeah....FLPoolman.... :woohoo:

DSC00473-1.jpg

Still don't know why Big'Un calls himself that... :whistle: :woohoo:
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    You herd cats?
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Sometimes it feels that way
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I like Bash. It's hot!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    Back when I was in college I spent a summer working at Adventureland and living at my best friend's parents house. One night, they were getting ready to go out for dinner and my friend and I were planning a little stir fry experiment. I did some stir fry as part of a 4-H project in grade school, but couldn't remember the particulars, so we asked her Mom for directions.

She said you start out with the wok on high. Add oil, when the oil gets hot add the meat. When the meat is done, turn the wok on medium....add the vegetables....

While she was giving instruction, her husband was clowning around. Dancing and singing her instructions, echoing everything she was trying to tell us. So when she told us to turn the wok on medium, he sang it...wish I could do it justice but can't in type. It was funny, he looks too old and mature to be doing what he was doing.

Ever since that day I randomly sing to myself in my head. No one else has ever used it as a handle or an email, so it works for me, and makes my friend and her parents crack up. I even have one of those chefs holding a chalkboard in my kitchen, I've painted Wok On Medium on it. Good conversation piece, fun story and a way of saying time to drink and have fun!
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    When I was registering for the forum there must have been a software glitch. Every handle I submitted was reportedly "n use" according to the computer. After submitting approximately 50 different handles I almost gave up trying to register, especially after testing 'nonsense' handles like *hdk305#^@ and being told the handle was in use. Finally I got on the forum feedback section for help with registering and just requested eenie meenie for absolutely no apparent reason other than I had exhausted every other possible handle that I could think of....and low and behold, WMK assigned eenie meenie to me. So I suppose I have this handle to to a computer glitch. I'm now too lazy to change it. ;)