Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza First Timer

Options
frankie482
frankie482 Posts: 263
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have to admit it tasted better than it looked. I used way to much cornmeal at first but that wasnt hard to fix. This was my first time making fresh dough. I guess it is just a learning process. I am not the most patient person (just ask my wife) but I do like to learn. Enjoy the pics.
IMG_1559.jpg
IMG_1552.jpg
IMG_1554.jpg
IMG_1551.jpg
IMG_1557.jpg
IMG_1556.jpg
IMG_1558.jpg
IMG_1549.jpg
IMG_1548.jpg

Comments

• torojosco
    torojosco Posts: 22
    Options
    frankie, the shape doesnt matter. its not gonna roll in! :laugh:
    I bet it tasted great.
  • Tenn Smoker
    Tenn Smoker Posts: 123
    Options
    Learning is half the fun the other half is eating it. Looked good though.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Frankie, pepperoni & onion, one of the best combinations ever; keep working with that dough & you will be bang'n them out like a pizza shop in no time, love the idea of dessert too while the egg is already hot, never did cookies before - excellent :)
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Man, that thing is ugly!
    I will bet it tasted good. I haven't tried a home made crust but it's on my list of things to try to do. Thanks for posting the picture so the rest of us won't be embarrassed.
  • frankie482
    frankie482 Posts: 263
    Options
    Luvs to shoot clay wrote:
    Man, that thing is ugly!
    I will bet it tasted good. I haven't tried a home made crust but it's on my list of things to try to do. Thanks for posting the picture so the rest of us won't be embarrassed.

I guess I should say thanks?!? It got a little better each time I tried; made three total. Not great by any stretch but better.
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Once you master the dough it gets real easy. If you want to work on your shape rotate the dough after each time you roll the dough. It will almost be a perfect round every time. Good luck, Tom
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Frankie, the use of parchment paper has really helped me alot with pizza making. I tried cornmeal first too, then tried the parchment. You can make the pizza right on it, seems easier to shape.

Hey - who care's how it looks, we are all going for taste here!

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Say FGG, question for you. In one of your pic post of pizza on the mini, I believe you just had an pizza stone on top of the grid baking a 'za. How did that combo work for you?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap