Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cornell chicken..

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I see where Char-buddy had good results making this but I wasnt as lucky. Mine was bone dry and the texture of the meat was chalky.. I went 310-320° for 60 minutes.. It had a strong vinager taste as well..[p]I also had to quit mopping after the first two turns.. I wanted a crisp skin, and keeping it wet there was no way it would have crisped..[p]I beleive it cooked quicker and the texture of the meat was altered due to the 24 hours in the vinager.. [p]
Dylan

Comments

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    Q.N.E. tyme ,[p]Sorry about your bad outcome. As Nature Boy says - we want feedback, any kind, any time. [p]I am thinking that the vegetable oil in the basting liquid might make it hard to hold temp control. And I am curious why the vinegar stayed so prominent. [p] I'll try another one this week and see if I can duplicate your results at 300-350. In recipes I read for an indoor oven they gave the time and temps at 350 for one hour. So I gave those times and temps as one alternative.[p]When I cooked my own chicken I did it low and slow - temps under 250 for three hours - and I monitored the internal temp in the thigh till it got to 190º.[p]Again thanks for the info. If you want to have some fun you might check out the article by Michael and Jane Stern ("Roadfood"} on Cornell Chicken in the current issue of Gourmet. But adapting it to the BGE may be harder than I first thought.
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Dylan:[p]What were you cooking on?
    [/b]