Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping: Max and all Pearl frank lovers!

Options
Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here's two short films about Fred's Franks. I'll be meeting Flashback Bob and Stike there in a few weeks.

As soon as the weather warms a bit and Fred gets back from skiing in the Alps!

Both are from Boston TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsBnG9iRdMg
This Chronicle piece is from a very popular show that is about New England and all of our quirky little places and beautiful vistas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K7MXEbDDTY
The Phantom is a foodie show that is quite popular.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    9 qt DO packed for Ocala. Those were the dogs I was interested in. See you soon.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i might just go pick up some pearls tonight. keep me posted when franks opens back up. heres the last ones i made, saurkraut, mustard, brown sugar, cheese, bacon. wouldnt fit in a split top so i ate it with some thousand island without the bread, almost atkins friendly
    100_1824.jpg

100_1825.jpg

100_1826.jpg

100_1830.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    mmm..... those look good Pat! That is one thing we forgot to haul down with us, red hot dogs :) Neil loves them. We have not tried Pearls, to far North I guess.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    you really cant find these too far from the boston area. they arent the dyed red type like you get up in maine, more spiced with red paprika or something. spicier but less salty than a typical hot dog. i never understood why hebrew nationals were so popular, you almost have to boil them to get the salt out before grilling them. these just come out great right off the grill and they are a big quarter pound dog.
    fukahwee maine

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    OH well that is to bad. I might like those. I am not a big hot dog eater. choked on one as a child and kind of turned me off. it was scary. but they are also just to salty for me.
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    from a while back
    Hotdog.jpg
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    I've looked all over the internet for a place to buy pearl frankfurters. I can't seem to find any place to purchase these dogs. Any help would be appreciated in finding a place that will sell and ship. It sounds like they are really good dogs. Is there any dogs out there that is more common that would fit the bill? Thanks, Tom
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    A sign spring is not too far away now. Sure is good to see some Fred's Franks posts.

Dog's on the mini for lunch.

GG
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    There is a phone number on their website, I think they will ship them directly to you. -RP
  • fishlessman
    Options
    if not direct try "the meat house" its not on their site but there is a telephone number. you need split top buns as well for a newengland dog. potato buns, subrolls, craddles etc just doesnt cut it.
    fukahwee maine

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i'm crying!!! .. . i need one bad!!. ..

btw. . .notice fred's pants!!!. ..he's my kinda guy .. we wear the same pants!!
  • this is the only pic that works now. all the other links are dead from my old posts. but a pearl's frank deserves to be resurrected.

pearls_jumbo_franks.jpg
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Yeah, his pants are even more colorful than yours Max, if you can believe it.

You mind sending me your location address?