Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Evening all...

Options
Chris in Gwinnett
Chris in Gwinnett Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, took about a month and several cooks, but high temp pizza finally turned my felt gasket into goo. Can't say I am surprised or disappointed. Actually been waiting for it too happen. My question is purely procedural...Now what?

Does the store give you the Nomex gasket at no charge? Do I just walk in, introduce myself as an egghead and explain my problem? Or is there a more formal process for this? Also, my cast iron grate the lump sits on is cracked about 80% of the way through, should I attempt to get that replaced as well. I think I will because when that goes, I am out of commission until I get a replacement.

Been waiting for the gasket to go before I made my warranty claims. As always, thanks in advance, for all the help.

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Call the 'mothership' in Tucker. They'll take care of you on both counts!
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    I sent an email to Customer-Support@BigGreenEgg.com. Bruce answered my email the very next day and sent me a Nomex gasket without adhesive.

I received my gasket in the mail today...no charge, along with an instruction sheet on how to install and what to use to get the job done.

The reason I chimed in is because when there was a great deal of back n forth going on about the gasket failures, some folks said they called the retail store and had to pay for theirs. Didn't want the same fate for you.
  • Chris in Gwinnett
    Options
    Hey Thanks All for the help. I don't think people are allowed to steer people wrong on this site. Just fantastic. Thanks again for everything.
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Chris in Gwinnett wrote:
    Well, took about a month and several cooks, but high temp pizza finally turned my felt gasket into goo. Can't say I am surprised or disappointed. Actually been waiting for it too happen. My question is purely procedural...Now what?

Does the store give you the Nomex gasket at no charge? Do I just walk in, introduce myself as an egghead and explain my problem? Or is there a more formal process for this? Also, my cast iron grate the lump sits on is cracked about 80% of the way through, should I attempt to get that replaced as well. I think I will because when that goes, I am out of commission until I get a replacement.

Been waiting for the gasket to go before I made my warranty claims. As always, thanks in advance, for all the help.

I just got a free gasket today as a matter of fact. Walked in to the mothership and was intending to pay and they said hell no, it's free. Now of course my egg is only two weeks old. I did not receive any Super 77 from them but I already had some so that did not matter. It was a great experience at the store today. I even purchased a CI grid for my large. :)
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!