Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mad Max Beyond Eggdome's Wings

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
mmbe%27s-wings-crop.png
<p />Not only were these wings outstanding, but they seasoned my new demo egg so well there wasn't a speck of white left in the dome when we took it home...![p]MMMMmmmmmmm!
QBabe
:~)

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    QBabe,
    can't think of a better person to adopt that egg... it took about ten cooks at home to finally burn off the crud from when i last did them here.. . [p]btw, did you try the flank steak rolls?? love to hear how yours turned out. .. [p]best[p]max

• QBabe
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Hi Max...yes, we did try the flank steak....it was outstanding, though I'll have to work on the presentation a bit. First I tried to pound it flatter...that didn't work out so well, so next time, I'll ask the butcher to cut it for me. Next I sprinkled both sides with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick Steak Rub. Then I took some goat cheese and covered the meat with it, leaving an inch or so border uncovered. Added some chopped shallots and sliced portabella mushrooms then rolled it up and tied it in several places.[p]It was really YUMMY, but when I went to slice it into pinwheels, the melted goat cheese oozed out everywhere and while it tasted good, it wasn't as pretty as yours was. A friend at work suggested that I should have let it set for awhile (I let it rest about 15 minutes, but them got impatient).[p]Thanks for the recipes and I LOVE MY NEW COOKER![p]Mornin' irish coffees to ya,
    Tonia
    :~)

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    QBabe,
    sounds like a great variation on the basic. . .i agree that pounding flank steak isn't going to do much for you. . .you need to get the good butterfly. . .[p]things like goat cheese or blue cheese, i can see being too oozy. . . .that's why a really hard cheese like the parmegian or a romano works so well. . .[p]btw.. .besides the cow lick, did you marinade at all??[p]best[p]max

• QBabe
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]No, just a little olive oil then the cow lick...boy that is some good rub on beef! [p]I can see a lot of great variations with this...I'll definately be trying again![p]QB
    :~)[p]

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    QBabe,
    did you see what joel ferman did with it. .. he posted last week under "modified". .. put slices of orange in his. . rubbed it with brown sugar. . .the pic looked excellent. . .[p]i like the idea of the mushrooms and next i think i might stick w/ my basic recipe but ad a row of shitakes along with the peppers to add an 'earthy' flavor to the mix. .. may also try a little of the cow lick.. .certainly can't hurt anything. .. [p]thanks for the ideas. .. [p]best[p]max