Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

grilled artichokes

Options
Animal Eater
Animal Eater Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

If you like artichokes, here’s a simple recipe to try on your egg…
Cut off the top portion of the 'chokes, peel off the outer layer of the stems then cut the 'chokes in half and scrape out the fuzzy stuff.
Steam them until the centers are fork tender and let them cool. Make a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Place the marinade in a baking dish and then add the 'chokes cut side down and leave them over night; I do not marinate them in the fridge but you may prefer to. Then grill them on your BGE at around 400-450F until nicely marked. If you can get some smoked paprika, mix that into your mayo dip.

Comments

• Cornbread Willy
    Options
    Animal Eater,
    I used a very similar recipe last week using baby artichokes. I think the only other difference was my recipe called for herbs de provence instead of oregano. The chokes were a big hit and looked very gourmet all arranged on the platter. Good stuff.[p]Oh yeah - like you I did not marinate in the fridge.