Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Light on Grill

Options
Eggmoramus
Eggmoramus Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a large egg with cypress cart. Does anyone have a suggestion for a light that might attach to the cart that works. I don't have quite enough light this time of year to see what I am doing. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Lowes sell two types in the grill section I have several and they are great. Sorry I don't have a model number but I think you could find them at the Lowes website.
    Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Grandpas Grub
    Options
    I ended up getting one of those LED, fancy looking lights. It works OK. I think I would rather have more light and a better color of light.

I thinking a short florescent auto work light or a clip on reflector light that uses 60 watt bulb. There are the spring armed lights for work desks. A physically small light that puts off a lot of light is a quartz desk lamp. Modify the base to fit the table.

GG
  • BBQonJ
    BBQonJ Posts: 60
    Options
    I have one of the LED clip on types. I like the white LED light. I found that low voltage incandescent lights often changed the look of meat. Made some bad decisions on cooking time as a result.

Dave
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    light.jpg
    I attached a couple of fender washers to the table and the rare-earth magnets in this base make it secure yet easy to pop on and off. I think I got it at Lowes. LED lights, does a good job-I'm satisfied!

You can find them all over the place-they're pretty common.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    That what I have and I get them at lowes.
    Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    what a brillant idea! where did you get it? hehehe
    IMG_1615.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.