Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork chops direct or indirect heat?

Harleydog77Harleydog77 Posts: 217
edited 3:49AM in EggHead Forum
I have 2 beautiful pork chops about 1 1/2" thick. I am thinking about 450 deg. and indirect, but I am new. Will someone please give me some advice?

Comments

• Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 2,568
    If ot were me, I would go 400 till internial 135 :)
    But I like mine pink in the middle.
    Good luck and let us know how you did.
    Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,146
    I would do them about 450F or so couple of minutes per side direct, then drop to 350 with the chops off the grill and cook until the way you want them. Careful not to overcook and dry out.
  • Harleydog77,

Either way works. If they are that thick direct won't dry them out. Just a tip, if you use your platesetter as a barrier for meat, you may want to wrap it in foil.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Harleydog, you have mail.
  • What do you mean I have mail?
  • I sent an email to the email account you registered under for this forum.
  • Wow! Thanks for the info! I probably shouldn't have read the whole thing while my egg is burning outside though. Great info. I will use it for sure.