Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate Setter For Small

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone thought about a plate setter for the small. What do you use for indirect setups?[p]TNW
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I bought a couple of the deep pizza dishes from BGE.Look at the picture below and you can see the pumkin in one.They are real thick and heavy.
    Larry

[ul][li]Deep Pizza Dish[/ul]
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Just an idea, but I bet you might be able to find something that would work at a pottery supply house. There are all sorts of ceramic stands and such used when firing pieces in kilns.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]In the early days of the forum, a few of us, long since forgotten, old-time Eggers were doing exhaustive experiments with direct and indirect cooks using readily available local props. Acute details are available via eMail. Several of these came from a long lost friend, Char-Woody.[p]BTW, way aren't you signed up for Waldorf?? A few of us old-timers will be there and we would be happy to tellya/showya how it's done, son hehehe. And that includes after hours as long as you are buying ;>} We also have to work on "definitions" hehehehe[p]KennyG

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]We use split firebricks and they seem to work very well...[p]QBabe
    :~)

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    KennyG,
    I guess I am intimidated by all you pros! I mean drinking-wise. One beer and I fall asleep. Boooooring.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz