Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PORTUGESE CHICKEN

Options
Chef Arnoldi
Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
a few weeks ago i visited my family in South Africa, where a large Portugese community setteled many years ago. Porugese are well known for their flavourful meals & at times even firey such as Peri-Peri sauce (currently only available in california under the Nando brand).[p]what i would like to share, is a recipe given to me by a family member
for marinating chicken,(can be used on any meat or seafood eg. shrimp) see the website for recipe ideas.
i marinade overnight halved chicken breasts(cut horizontally - butterflied) then @ 250°F-300°F on direct heat. comes out moist & flavourful.[p] Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1 tablespoon garlic cloves -- crushed
1 tablespoon ginger -- minced
3 tablespoons lemon juice
6 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon coriander seed -- ground
1 tablespoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons parsley
add cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to make it as hot as you like[p]MARINATE 6 CHICKEN BREASTS 2HRS OR OVERNIGHT IN THE ABOVE MARINADE.[p]
[ul][li]nando's[/ul]

Comments