Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rub recipes and other tips for pork tenderloin

Options
Harleydog77
Harleydog77 Posts: 217
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought my first egg. It is a large. I'm building a custom cart for it right now. I am waiting to fire it up until the cart is done. I think I'm going to do some pork tenderloins. I'm looking for a good rub recipe or possibly any other tips for pork tenderloin you may have (marinades/brines etc.) Also how hot should my BGE be for cooking pork tenderloin. Should I use the plate setter?

Comments

• Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Congratulations on your purchase. Plenty of great recipes here, just do a search and you will be busy for a while. I am sure someone will post some links as well. What part of the country are you in?
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Options
    293637362_zvqzo-S.jpg

I like them stuffed then cooked indirectly at 350-400°F until it hits 145°F internal. Here's my general recipe and some more pics: Stuffed Pork Loin

Happy Egging,

Dave
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Congratulations on your purchase Harleydog and pork tenderloin is one of the best cuts of meat you can eat imho :) ..there are hundreds of ways to fix it..I highly recommend the one listed on the right called 'Southwestern Grilled Pork Tenderloin'..and not because I posted it...it is absolutely eggilicious..spicey.. but the bark made by this rub and cook makes this tloin eggceptional! :woohoo: TLoin