Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pitter Patter of rain drops

Options
Fireball
Fireball Posts: 354
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Nothing could be finer than to hear the pitter patter of rain drops on your hat while one is placing a fire brick indirect set-up and inch and one half thick pork chops in the BGE.[p]Each different piece of pork is rubbed with different rubs. One piece is san rub use as a control. Here are the rubs: Ken Stone's Gilded Splinters (an old favorite), Nature Boy's and Qfan's Swamp Dust and Jamican Firewalk ( first time trial). I can't wait. No extra wood was added for smoke.[p]The rest of dinner will be scalloped potatoes,, mixed viggies with Parmesan cheese, and home made pineapple upside down cake.
Gary

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Fireball,
    I know what you mean. Tin roof on the porch... Squeek in the swing... Toddy for the body... Only thing. We just had a gully-washer come through Spring Texas USA a few minutes ago. Got two more masses coming through within the next 45 minutes. Thunder, lightening and everything. Dark as all get out. But my brisket and some ABT's are out there in the middle of it doing their thing. I have me a full batch of margaritas made up and the smile on my face says,"Life is good."[p]Happy Easter.