Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1ST BRISKET NEED HELP

Options
AL
AL Posts: 81
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
PLEASE HELP, NEED A FULL PROOF WAY TO COOK A BRISKET?? WHAT TO VACUUM PACK IT AND TAKE IT TO EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK FOR A CAMPOUT FISHING TRIP WITH THE GUYS, I HAVE A FLAT ABOUT 7-8 POUNDS TO COOK.

AL

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    That's a mighty tall order if you ain't done one before! Why not do something easier, like a but, for example. I've never tried a brisket but have read of lots of horror stories from those attemptding to climb the learning curve. Best wishes!! 8 - )
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Not a traditional way to cook a brisket but it is foolproof and great for precooking and reheating.

http://bbqcamper.com/Beef-Brisket.php
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    i ve never had a bad brisket off the egg, they are either good or very good. here is my worst one, i wasnt happy with the way it tasted, kinda potroasty for some reason, chunked it up and simmered in sauce stove top and then it was even good cold the next morning in the rain while fishing. not a picture perfect sliced piece, but still good eats, i think those that say its so hard arent cooking it long enough, or just dont want you to know how to do it.
    DSC_0102.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Thanks... I'll give it a try!!