Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

daisy wheel

Options
Inksmyth
Inksmyth Posts: 308
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just noticed this on my daisy wheel. You cannot open the daisy holes all the way. The holes are offset, so when one side is opening the other is closing. Is thi normal or is mine screwed up?

Comments

• Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    Nah, yours is just fine. The offset allows for finer adjustments.
  • Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    When one hole on my daisy is open completely they are all opened completely. All the others I have seen are the same.
    It is not a big deal at all, but I think a better design would be like on some spice containers. As you spin their top from closed to open, first you have only one little hole open, then as you rotate you get 2,3,5,8,12, etc. It would make fine tuning a tad easier. Although it does'nt take long to master the daisy.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    mine has a slight offset, the important thing is that when its closed they are all closed.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    Easy.
    DFMT alternative:
    Drill a line of 5/16 inch holes in a wood disk that is sized to fit snugly in the chimney.
    Attach a pivoting plate to the wood disk so that you can block or expose the desired number of holes.